Dah Duit (Hi) and welcome

Love My Love in the Morning

Love My Love in the Morning
by

Gerald Griffin

Irish novelist and dramatist



Limerick, 1803 - 1840







I love my love in the morning,



For she like morn is fair -



Her blushing cheek, its crimson streak,



Its clouds her golden hair.



Her glance, its beam, so soft and kind;



Her tears, its dewy showers;



And her voice, the tender whispering wind



That stirs the early bowers.



I love my love in the morning,



I love my love at noon,



For she is bright as the lord of light,



Yet mild as autumn's moon;



Her beauty is my bosom's sun,



Her faith my fostering shade,



And I will love my darling one,



Till even the sun shall fade.



I love my love in the morning,



I love my love at eve;



Her smile's soft play is like the ray



That lights the western heaven;



I loved her when the sun was high,



I loved her when she rose;



But best of all when evening's sigh



Was murmuring at its close.